Sunday, August 17

The Higher You Fly, The Harder You Fall (so to speak..)

Going out for dinner at Ming Tien with Cheow Lay and David was cool ( Eventhough it was CLEARLY expensive). Did any of you peeps reading this knew that gereja and sekolah were originally Portugeese words? Kinda makes perfect sense because the Portugeese are after all the first western invasion in Malaysia. Which is saying something.... Like Allah, the Islams here claims that only they can use it since it is "their" word. Basically the word Allah means God. But in actual fact, Allah was already used among the Jews before Islam was even born. So why oh why are the people who ban non-muslims to use the word so narrow minded?

http://www2.dw-world.de/southasia/SoutheastAsia/1.233666.1.html

Haha, I'm getting a bit racist now. At least I'm a logical racist.

Quite often now I get this feeling that I'm empty. No idea. Or maybe is this feeling that I may say something stupid and unthinkable like what Anderson once told me," This is my theory, I think you are undergoing this phase where you are afraid you will say something and embarass yourself."

Or maybe is love or being loved? I have no idea. I probably sound like a small child on a crush. Too bad, that's how i feel. I sometimes also feel that I want to be generous, but no one will let the chance for me to do so? Yeah. Sometimes I get the feeling that I don't really know my true self anymore.

Yeah this is getting a bit emo... On the brighter side of life, today YF was great eventhough it was quite empty. What the Bible class taught me today was more about immoral sex and incest. That is what Genesis 19 is all about. But behind that, there is a lesson. Ask me about it and I'll tell you (if I don't forget it). The OA youths were quite enthusiastic today and seem to be enjoying themselves.

Sadly my brother and David is going off tomorrow (or is it today?) early in the morning. But I felt extremely proud of myself and God for nurturing and bringing me up when David said that I'll definately grow up to be a fine young man. Haha I guess being logical and full of common sense and a touch of great personallity has its ups. Well, in actual fact I was just doing what any good Christian would do.

I also must often remind myself that God hates pride. Yes, I think by just admitting that I was arrogant is the first step towards humility.

Oh yeah, I finally found one of my favorite verse in the Bible that can be served as a great motto to those who interact with people daily:

Matthew 10:16 (New International Version)

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Some say that religion are excuses people used to find refuge from reality, I don't believe that. To me, God is real and is around throughout eternity. So I agree with what someone told me somewhere before, "A free thinker is a no thinker." Those people don't believe in God because they don't understand him and can't accept the fact of not understanding something. They like to place boundaries around everything. Like you can do this, you can't do that. They just enjoy being in control over their lives. Like they will believe after The First World War there wouldn't be another World War or Titanic won't sink (and we all know what happen to that ship, don't we?) See, people feel comforted when there is a plan. They rather believe lies and fake promisses that there is no God.

So then when will we accept the fact we ARE not control over anything?

I have no idea why I have been thinking so much lately.... It's like Form 5 and things are not the same vague dream I deluded myself for the past 16+ years.

But in the end, it is really simple and the bottom line is that we all have choices to make. So why not take a chance at making the right choices today? After all the choices you make, makes you. Yeah it may be a pain in the arse and people might hate you for it, but the end results are rewarding. Yeah, so why not take a chance to fly? Even if you fall, you will have no regrets of flying.

Quote Batman Begins:

"Why do fall down? So we can pick oursleves up again."

Cheerio!

No comments:

I Love You Especially