Saturday, November 22

Program Khidmat Negara

As some of you might have heard, I was selected to attend National Service. Honestly speaking, I don't really mind going or not going.

Pros: I get to go and learn skills, get to be independent, get allowance, get experience, and get to be buff? :P

Cons: Small percentage I won't make it out there alive. Small but it's there. Let's look at statistics.

21 deaths out of 360,000 kids is 0.0583% of all participants dying since 2004. Sounds not too bad right? But then just be reminded that Malaysia National Service do not undergo actual ammunition-weapons training. After all, all the trainees will be firing blanks and probably only 2 times in 3 months. Where else, Singapores' National Service undergo actual combat training and still manages far fewer deaths than Malaysian's .

But hey, you know that I always look at the pros. :D Mr. Brightside, that's me.

So yeah. I don't mind.


But then there is Residential Bible School (RBS). I really want to go to RBS but it will be held during my period for National Service (I'm in first batch). Some of you might be thinking that I want to use this as an excuse because I'm afraid of going to NS. The truth is, I'm am afraid of not attending RBS.

Reasons why I want to go is : I feel as if school and modern day distraction really is a big gigantic barrier for advancing in my walk of faith. Yes, I know it should not be and all that, but I am weak so I need an extra hand to help me. RBS to me is like that extra hand. I feel that I need to set a point somewhere to really get to know God, the Bible and everything else.

I dunno. I guess my point of view will change after I attend RBS. For the better, definitely.

So it seems like I'm in a dilemma. For country or for God? I think there are enough people joining NS as it is already. I think I read somewhere there will be 140,000 trainees this year. Last time there were only 100,000?

I'm planning to postpone my NS but then I don't think I'll be able to attend it at all ( with all my tertiary education). So too bad lor. Hopefully I can manage to postpone though. Please pray for me if you are willing. Thanks to Anderson and the RBS administration for preparing the letter to defer from NS. Extremely grateful.

Last but never the least, May God's will be done.

No comments:

I Love You Especially