Tuesday, November 11

First day of SPM

Woke up feeling grouchy as I only had 3 hours of "sleep" the night before. My brain was too used to going fast untill it doesn't know when to stop and rest. Everything was out of order. Especially my brain which was in a state of chaos (I'll explain later...). Bathe in cold water, forget to bring my water bottle, forget to wear my belt and need to pay RM 10 for a new one that barely fits me. Not really the way you want to start of your exam.

But then, I kept on walking staggering forward to my class to put my bag and to memorise a few peribahasa to use for my Karangan as BM was my first paper.

Entering the exam hall made my brain hit overdrive. It's like my brain is going beyond the speed of human realms and my body is too tired to catch what it's trying to say. MASSIVE DISASTER. I did manage to catch a few random things chucked out from my brain. But they're mostly useless and unhelpful when the exam was about to start in 5 mins. Like, "WOW! I'm finally here!" or " Dang! I forgot my water bottle!" or even "It's the last leg of the race!" and of course "SHIT! I forgot the peribahasa I just memorised!"

I was a nervous wreck despite all the good luck wishes from my friends. I sat down, took out my exam slip and IC (Thank GOD I didn't forget those). And try to calm my brain down. But failed miserably. I look to my left and saw Rebbecca, she smiled and gestured for me to pray hard. (You know those random things people do before exam like gesturing people to tembak well or something). But pray I did, I went like,

"Dear God, I commit this paper into your hands.
But I know I should have committed it more and I'm sorry.
But for now, I'll do my best so please help me to calm down. Amen."


If you're expecting a miraculous response from God to me like suddenly my eyes were open and answers flow from the tip of my pen, no. Your expectation is too high.

I guess my actions have consequences and consequences are God's way of disciplining people. That was I believe.

So the paper started and I flipped over the front page and the first thing that came to my mind apart from the gazillion other stuff is : " WHOA! Its in coloured ink!" Then I was like inspecting the picture for 15 minutes coming out with nothing except found out that the pipe were covered in green grass and there was a tire in the river. The tajuk was :" Punca-punca Pencemaran Sungai. " Just FYI.

Eventually I calmed down or actually woke up after 15 minutes (YAY! Redemption from God!) and completed my paper in good time.

Then when it was break, had some food and was "studying" for my Sejarah paper 1. I put the inverted commas cuz my "fans" kept coming over to wish me good luck. Yes, it seems I have "fans". Nerve wrecking a bit actually.

Well, I got through Sejarah too! I actually knew half of the answers! Yipee! Jason Lim says I'm a type of person who gets 5 A's for SPM and will start praising God like nobody's business unlike Cassandra. Maybe he's right.

Then we had an hour and a half lunch break. And we so called "study" again by spending our time playing UNO (I won twice!), looking at girls playing captain ball and discussing who should Jun Yu take to prom. "P or T?" were his exacts repetitive words.

Well, I managed to get through the rest of the day and it's all due to the grace of God.

And THATS my first day of SPM.

PS: My mom install a new water shower head thingy was is awesome. It has this mode where the water spray out in the from of water vapour. It felt like wind!

PSS: Oh and thanks Jing Tao for doing the address book thing, when I first receive it, I thought it was for Add maths!

No comments:

I Love You Especially