Wednesday, December 31

YF camp 08 [from my point of view]

Bonjour! Je parle Français!!! Merci beaucoup SLOO!!!
Translation: Hello! I speak french!!! Thank you very much, SLOO!!!

Yes I'm back from Youth Camp. So as per-usual like everyone else, I would like to jot down what happen, lessons, people, or anything I see that is worth putting down on my blog.


THE ACTIVITIES
Caving in Gua Tempurong for the second time is not too bad. Although my shoes became sole-less and it feels like walking bare footed on the small sharp rocks with only a thin piece of cloth strapped around my feet. Well, at least those shoes were old and worn and thankfully not Nike or Addidas (another reason for not buying branded goods).

Workshops were great. I thank God for enabling me to participate in the French workshop. We get to discover how to say our names in french. Well, for me that part was pretty much simple. Sloo's a great and patient teacher. Well done!
(though it was a bit weird when suddenly the Sing with Yuen Yuen Workshop interupted us with a funny song they composed, Well done to you guys too!)

Games were not too bad too! The Sukaneka (that has nothing related to sports) was indeed quite fun. I am glad to see all my group whole heartedly doing through every single disgusting things like stuffing their face with shaving cream, or stuffing their face into flour to find coins. And the best thing is: WE DID IT WITH A SMILE!

(plus I ruin the Jenga when it was at its last block)

Mystery Night too was well, a mystery. HAHA Basically its like CSI finding who kill the victim, using what weapon, where did it took place, and why. The whole event actually took 2 hours but time flies when we're having fun. Jason Voon's sexy acting scared the hair off people. Well, we didn't get first place but it's all right. We were close.

Talent time is yet another awesome thing to watched. The group Zeal would definitely be dead without Kevin Loo. And David Ho really has a limited vocabulary. Muruku?

THE CAMPSITE

As some of you have noted in my fellow YF-ers blogs. Yes the campsite was nice and clean but full of flies. That's because we were practically in the middle of nowhere. A good place to make someone stranded for life. Yeah. So the campsite is extremely good... so long as you don't open your mouth too long. A fly might just fly in.

Tragically, we didn't get to use much of the facilities due to the tight schedule. But it was all right.

Toilets were clean. Food were good. Beds were comfortable. Nettings for insects were there. And air cons were working! So I guess this campsite goes way up to my list for great compare to some other campsites I went to.

THE SPEAKER

Joshua Liong

You've seen him, you've heard him, and now you shall add him on FACEBOOK !!! So yeah. He was our camp speaker for Passion for God. He was just simply amazing. He just gets to the point and the point drives through you like a sword through your heart. Something most speakers won't do. They just try to create impressive and decorative jargon and makes you think too much untill you're brain is back to square one: empty.

All the things he had said are well, to me not new things but still things that I haven't thought of in a long, long time. Things that always remained in the back of my head, untill now. It is just incredible to be reminded that God chose to let us be involved in his plans. And the purpose for us is just too incredible so that glory goes back to God.

Thanks to him, I get my spiritual high and passion renewed for God.
(Team Hoyt always brings tears to my eyes without fail.)


THE PEOPLE
The people there are just super great. Spontaneous, active, willing to listen, ready to laugh and most importantly, GREAT FRIENDS!!! They are the people you wish time would just stood still and never ends.

Their sharing are just great encouragement for people like me. It shows that they are growing and in the right path.

On the last night of camp, I and Han Jung stayed up till 2:30 am for bonding session. It was really nice. Haha too bad the rest slept so fast. You guys should have seen the dining hall when it is dark. Outside was dark, inside was dark and the place is full of windows. Just imagine if someone in white suddenly walk past one of them. Brrrr....



YOUTH CAMP IS AWESOME!!!


Note to self: I only wish I was more friendlier to people.

No comments:

I Love You Especially